Use the following checklist to track your progress through the Start of Year tasks for California State Reporting. Please see the PowerSchool Start of Year Guide for additional updates.
- Review and update California district information.
- Review and update district of residence codes.
- Confirm that all exit codes are mapped to a CALPADS Exit Code.
- Review and update California state reporting school information.
- Update the Truancy Reporting Year to new school year on each school.
- Review and update California state reporting information on Courses.
CTE Course Notes (New for 17-18):
- Set course content code to 154 only on courses that qualify for CTE.
- If some offerings of a course qualify as a high-quality CTE course taught by a CTE-credentialed teacher and some do not, multiple courses should be set up in PowerSchool.
- Each course should be given the appropriate state course code and CALPADS course values based on the course level and pathway.
- New for 17-18. Map a CALPADS Attendance Category Code to all absent and in-school suspension attendance codes (required each year for all schools).
- Review and update all other attendance settings, paying special attention to Alternative Education Program setup.
- Review and update California state reporting information on course sections.
- Review and update staff member demographics.
- Increment the staff years of service fields for all active staff. Utilize the Increment Years of Service report, if desired.
- Review and update staff assignment records for all non-classified staff, paying special attention to the associated school, staff FTE, and classification/job codes.
- Update/review CBEDS-ORA information for classified staff.
- Review and update California state reporting student demographics.
- Review and update changed student English language information.
- Review and update student CALPADS program information.
- If the student has changed schools, a new program is required.
- Lunch programs must be entered each year.
- Utilize the CALPADS Program Utility Report to help with program management, if desired.
- Create new student special program records for programs requiring attendance to be tracked against them.
- Review and update student enrollment data.
- Ensure student FTE is populated on the student enrollment and the school entry date is populated.
- Utilize the School Update Mobility Script to help populate the school entry date, as necessary.
- New for 17-18. Populate the California School Entry Date for all students entering a California School for the first time.
- New for 17-18. For no show students, enter the appropriate exit code on the no show record and it will be applied to the appropriate record when reported to CALPADS.
- Create a concurrent enrollment for students taking a class or dual-enrolled in another school.
- Review and update student immunization and screening information.
- Review and add student CTE pathway records for all CTE Concentrators.