Section U - Number of Special Education Graduates Summary - Secondary Only
The Section U (Number of Special Education Graduates Summary) report collects aggregate figures for all students by the type of certification, type of exceptionality, and who have an Active status as of the count date of the submission. You can run this report only for secondary schools.
Selection criteria determine which database records are used in the report. Refer to selection criteria for analysis when the report does not return the correct records.
Schools with the "Exclude From State Reporting" ([Schools]State_ExcludeFromReporting) checkbox selected will not be included.
- The select student from the school enrolment permanent table (where S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Stu_Brd_Res_Stat_Type <> 08 ( Shared) and <> 09 ( e-learning ). Shared and E-learning students are excluded from the report.
The report must include only Active Students: Students must not have an Enrolment End Date prior to or on the Count Date for the submission period. The student is active when:
Enrolment_End_Date = null or greater than the count date.
All other students are considered to be Inactive and are to be ignored.
- Student achieved a Diploma (with/without Ontario Scholars) or students with only Ontario Scholars, that is when correspondent fields are populated in the permanent table (S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C .Diploma_Certificate_Issued is not Null or S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C .Ontario_Scholarship_Date is Not null.
- Student must be a special education student (record in S_ON_STU_XML_SPED_C):
- Report should include/count the student under the exceptionality with the Main Exceptionality Flag is ON otherwise where the Non Identified Student flag is ON.
- If a student has multiple special education segment (multiple records in S_ON_STU_XML_SPED_C) , the student must be included/counted once in the report:
- When multiple records are found,where the S_ON_STU_XML_SPED_C .MAIN_EXCEPTIONALITY_FLAG = “T” , the report will order by placement and take the first.
- If a student does not have any records with S_ON_STU_XML_SPED_C .MAIN_EXCEPTIONALITY_FLAG = “T", and the student has multiple records where the S_ON_STU_XML_SPED_C .NON_IDENTIFIED_STUDENT_FLAG = “T” and then the code considers the order by placement and takes the first one.
See Understanding the Report Output Table for a definition of each column in the table.
|Board Number and Name
|The name and Board School identification (BSID) number of the school board.
[Prefs]Value where [Prefs]name is districtnumber, districtname
|School Number and Name
|The school's name and Board School identification (BSID) number.
[Schools]Alternate_School_Number. If undefined, [Schools]School_Number
[Schools]Name where [Schools]school_number
|The academic year for which the report is run; the report is associated with the OnSIS Reporting Dates entered in District Setup. Format ‘YYYY-YYYY’. For example, 2012-2013.
|Derived from [Terms]YearId
|Submission Period Type
|The submission period type selected on the report run page.
|Defined at report run time.
|The student's certification and type of exceptionality.
|Academic Year + “Actual”
|The academic year for which the report is running.
|Derived from [Terms]Yearid
|Total number of students for each exceptionality that have earned the OSSD diploma
|S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 1
Total number of students for each exceptionality that have earned the OSSD/SHSM diploma
S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 4
|Total number of students for each exceptionality that have earned the OSSD2 diploma
S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 2
Total number of student for each exceptionality that have earned the OSSC diploma
|S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 7
|C of A
|Total number of student for each exceptionality that have earned the C of A (Certificate of Achievement)
S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 8
Total number of student for each exceptionality that have earned the SSGD
|S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Diploma_Type = 3
|Number of Ontario Scholars
Total number of students that are Ontario Scholars not including the Non Identified Students.
S_ON_STU_XML_SCHOOL_ENROL_C.Ontario_Scholarship_Date is Not Null
|The total number of students listed in the report without including the Non Identified Students.