You must run this process at the beginning of the school year to clear out existing EFA and EIA codes and dates for the current school year. This process will reset the EFA codes for each student to a default EFA code based on each student's grade. All self-contained checkboxes are also cleared.
You should run this process only once per school year at the beginning of the school year before the first day of school.
Important: Verify that PowerSchool is set to the desired school year. Once started, this process cannot be stopped.
When the process is complete, a report is generated that shows the School(s) Run For and the total Students Processed.
When the initialization process is run, all current year records for the designated students in the selected schools are deleted in the EFA History file. A new record is created for each student that contains the following fields:
- Effective Start Date, [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]start_dt - Assigns the date of the student's initial enrollment in the current school year.
- Effective Stop Date, [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]stop_dt - Assigns a blank value.
- EFA Primary, [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_primary - Assigns the EFA code corresponding to the student's grade level in the Students file.
- EFA 2 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_2 - Assigns a blank value.
- EFA 3 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_3 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 4 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_4 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 5 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_5 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 6 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_6 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 7 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_7 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 8 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_8 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 9 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_9 - Assigns a blank value
- EFA 10 [S_SC_STU_EFA_History_C]efa_10 - Assigns a blank value
Selection criteria determine which database records are used in the report. Refer to selection criteria for analysis when the report does not return the correct records.
The report selects records from the [Students] and [ReEnrollments] tables that occurred during the current school year, based on the following criteria:
- When particular schools are selected only students from those schools are used.
- Any student who is or was enrolled at any time in the current school year that has a Yes in the Include in State Reporting field is included in the initialization process.
- Students who are pre-enrolled are included if their enrollment dates fall within the selected school year, as determined by the student's enrollment status.
- Any school that has a Yes in the Exclude from State Reporting field is not included in the initialization process.
For help with navigation and running the report, see How to Find and Generate a Report.
Choose a time to run the report from the pop-up menu:
Enter a date using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy in order to run the report on a specific day. The incorrect format displays an alert and the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Use the pop-up menus to schedule the report to be run at a specific hour and minute.
Example: 7/29/2008 @ 10 AM : 05.
Select the school(s) you wish to run the initialization for
Click each school you want to include in the initialization process. Hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple schools in the list.
Note: If you are a school user, you can run this process only for the schools to which you have access.
Run for all schools
Click Yes to run the initialization process for all schools in your district. No is the default. If your user default access is District Office, you may select the Run for all schools option at the district building. If this option is set to Yes, then do not select any schools in the Select the school(s) you wish to run the initialization for box.
Each of the fields displayed in the output of the report is described below. See Understanding the Report Output Table for a definition of each column in the table.
School (s) Run For
This lists the School or Schools the process was run for.
This shows the total number of students processed.