Use the Summer Withdrawal report to collect the information required to report students that withdrew from the district over the summer and can also be used to report students who had Exit Type updates.
Selection criteria determine which database records are used in the report. For the Summer Withdrawal Report, student enrollment records are used.
The report selects which school records to use based on the following criteria:
- The school is not excluded from state reporting.
- The school must be associated with a student included in the report.
The report selects which student records to use based on the following criteria:
- The student is not excluded from state reporting.
- For a summer withdrawal
- The student was actively enrolled at the end of the prior school year
- The student has an Exit Code other than 00, 14, 30-31, & 33
- The student's enrollment began prior to the report start date, and they exited on or before the report end date.
- For prior year exit code updates:
- The student should be pre-selected.
- Prior Year Exit Code Update parameter set to 'Yes'
- Report Start Date and Report End Date (use exit date for end of year withdrawals) should be for the prior year.
Districts using the Automated Data Transfer (ADT) system may utilize the SQL script for state reporting purposes provided at the bottom of the report page.
Required Data Setup
You must define the following information before generating this extract.
- Exclude students from this report, General tab of the state/province-RI page.
For Summer Withdrawals:
- Students withdrawing during the summer must be withdrawn.
- Report Start Date should be at least 2 days after the prior year's last day of school.
- Report End Date should be the day prior to the first day of school.
For help with navigation and running the report, see How to Find and Generate a Report.
If run at the district level, choose one of the following from the pop-up menu:
If run at the school level, the report includes all records associated with the current school that meet the selection criteria. To change the current school, click School at the top of the page and choose the appropriate school from the list.
The default option is All students.
Report Start Date
Enter the beginning date in the range of dates you want to use to determine the student records to include on the report.
Report End Date
Enter the last date in the range of dates you want to use to determine the student records to include on the report.
Scheduling – Run Now
Leave Run Now selected to run the report now.
Click Submit to run the report now.
Scheduling – Please Select When to run
Click the Schedule button to schedule this report to run.
Please Select Schedule Settings
Enter the Start Date and Start time. Click the Repeat button.
Please select repeat cycle options.
Choose the applicable option.
Please select end date range option
Enter the appropriate information.
Click Submit to schedule the report
Each of the fields displayed in the output of the report are described below. See Understanding the Report Output Table for a definition of each column in the table.
The student's state identification code as noted on Rhode Island State Information page, Start Page > Student Selection > Rhode Island State Information.
The student's local school identification code as noted on Rhode Island State Information page, Start Page > Student Selection > Rhode Island State Information.
The district code assigned to the school district reporting the student information as noted on District Setup page, Start Page > District Setup > District Information.
The last name of the student as noted on the General Demographics page, Start Page > Student Selection > General Demographics, or if the legal last name is populated on the Rhode Island State Information page, Start Page > Student Selection > Rhode Island State Information.
The circumstances under which a student exited school as noted on the Edit Enrollment page, Start Page > Student Selection > Transfer Info > Edit [Current] Enrollment. This field contains a W, indicating the student was a summer withdrawal during the reporting period.