Use the Daily Attendance report to generate a .csv file containing attendance data for every school day for every student describing the student’s attendance in a school. This collection collects days of attendance, days of absence, days of tardiness, and days of early dismissal for the specified date range.
Selection criteria determine which database records are used in the report. For the Student Daily Attendance File Report, student attendance records are selected.
The report selects which school records to use based on the following criteria:
- The Exclude from State Reporting indicator must be No for the school.
- The school must be associated with a student included in the report.
The report selects which student records to use based on the following criteria:
- The student must have entered school on or after the report start date.
- The Exclude from State Reporting indicator must be No for the student.
Required Data Setup
You must define the following information before generating this extract.
- Attendance conversions to define the amount of a day to be reported based on number of absent periods. You must assign the conversion to a Full Time Equivalency, which is assigned to a student on the Transfer Info > Edit Enrollment page.
- Attendance Code descriptions, Start Page > School Setup > Attendance Codes, must include the valid Attendance Type code, else the report will output the Attendance Type '1A'.
- Exclude students from this report by selecting Yes for Exclude from State Reporting on the State/Province - RI page (if applicable).
For help with navigation and running the report, see How to Find and Generate a Report.
Enter the beginning date in the range of dates you want to use to determine the student attendance records to include on the report.
Enter the last date in the range of dates you want to use to determine the student attendance records to include on the report.
|Blank Attendance Code
Enter the Attendance Code to submit for students who have blank attendance. If no code is entered, blank attendance is not reported.
Scheduling – Run Now
Leave Run Now selected to run the report now.
Click Submit to run the report now.
Scheduling – Please Select When to run
Click the Schedule button to schedule this report to run.
Please Select Schedule Settings
Enter the Start Date and Start time. Click the Repeat button.
Please select repeat cycle options.
Choose the applicable option.
Please select end date range option
Enter the appropriate information.
Click Submit to schedule the report
Districts using the Automated Data Transfer (ADT) system may utilize the SQL script for state reporting purposes provided at the bottom of the report page.
Each of the fields displayed in the output of the report are described below. See Understanding the Report Output Table for a definition of each column in the table.
This field contains the district code assigned to this school district.
This field contains the five-digit RIDE ID for the school that the student attends.
This field contains the student's state identification code.
This field contains the student's local school identification code.
This field contains the date of attendance in the date range selected for the Daily Attendance report.
This field contains the types of attendance/absence/tardy/dismissal the student has for each day of enrollment.