The (GQ) Student Program Record report includes all reportable program/services the student is participating in and/or receiving services.
Selection criteria determine which database records are used in the report. For the (GQ) Student Program, special program enrollment records are selected.
The report selects the student records to use based on the following criteria:
A student record is extracted for this report if:
- the student is enrolled in a district-wide program identified with a state-assigned Program ID on the Special Program Information page (Start Pate > District Setup > Special Programs > Special Program Information), and
- the program end date on the [New/Edit] Special Program Enrollment page (Start Page > Student Selection > Special Programs > [New/Edit] Special Program Enrollment) falls between July 1st and June 30th of the current school year or the program end date is blank, and no re-enrollment has occurred.
A student record is not extracted for this report if:
- the Program ID field is blank, (Start Pate > District Setup > Special Programs > Special Program Information),
- there are duplicate Program IDs with overlapping time frames, and
- the program start date is prior to the student’s earliest District Entry Date for the fiscal year being extracted.
- the student is excluded from State reporting.
To set up PowerSchool for this report:
- Navigate to District > District Setup > Special Programs.
- Create a special program for each Student Program Code used in your district, referencing Section 2.9 Student Program Code GQ in the current release of the ODE EMIS Manual for the proper student program codes. When completing the information on the Special Program Information page, you can use the Program Name of your choice (such as 210013 SE Outside Reg Class).
- Leave the Qualifies As A Special Education Program check box blank.
- In the Program ID field, enter a student program code from the ODE Manual to include this student program on the (GQ) Student Program report.
- Select Student (S) or Graduate (G) next to Include this program code in the checked reporting data sets.
- Click Submit to save your entry.
After defining your special programs, navigate to Start Page > Student Selection > Special Programs to identify the special program events in which a student participates.
For help with navigation and running the report, see How to Find and Generate a Report.
Schools for which to run?*
If run at the district level, choose one of the following:
If run at the school level, the report includes all records associated with the current school that meet the selection criteria. To change the current school, click School at the top of the page and choose the appropriate school from the list.
Report Start Date*
Enter the start date for scanning school enrollments.
Report End Date*
Enter the end date for scanning school enrollments.
Current Selection Students*
Indicate which students to include in the report by selecting one of the following options:
Note: If running the report for a single student, or group of students, select the students prior to running report.
Select the reporting period for which you are creating the extract.
Enter the fiscal year for the report.
Select this option to execute the report in the order it is received in the report queue.
Schedule (available Version 7.1.1.)
Enter the start date and start time for the report.
Each of the fields displayed in the output of the report are described below. See Understanding the Report Output Table for a definition of each column in the table.
Note: For documentation of XML report output from the state department of education, refer to http://www.ode.state.oh.us.
The sort type equals GQ for the Student Program extract.
The fiscal year defaults to the current school year.
This is the reporting period selected on the Ohio Student Program Report page, Start Page > Reports > Run Reports > (GQ) Student Program Report.
This field contains the school building number, which is extracted from the Home tab on the Ohio State Information page.
If the Building IRN field is blank on the Home tab, the Alternate School Number value entered on the Edit Schools page, Start Page > District Setup > Schools/School Info > Edit School, is extracted. If the Alternate School Number value is blank, the School Number value entered on the Edit Schools page is extracted.
[S_OH_STU_COMMON_X]Building_IRN (current year)
[S_OH_STU_COMMON_SNAP_C]Building_IRN (prior year)
EMIS Student ID Number
This field contains the EMIS student ID number assigned by the district to this student. This field value is extracted from the Student Number field on the General Demographics page, Start Page > Student Selection > General Demographics and prepended with the EMIS Prefix ID, if entered, else zeroes are added to create a 9-digit number.
This field contains the code that identifies the program in which this student is eligible to participate or currently participates. This field value is extracted from the Program ID field on the Special Program Information page, Start Page > District > Special Program.
This field contains the ID number of the employee who teaches this course. This field value is extracted from the Edit Information – Staff Name Staff Number page, Start Page > Staff > Select A Staff Member > Edit Information – Staff Name Staff Number.
Program Provider IRN
This field contains the IRN number of the program provider. This field value is extracted from the New/Edit Special Program Enrollment page, Start Page > Student Selection > Special Programs > [New/Edit]Special Program Enrollment.
Program Enrollment Start Date
This field contains the first day a student is enrolled in a program where dates are required. This field value is extracted from the New/Edit Special Program Enrollment page, Start Page > Student Selection > Special Programs > [New/Edit]Special Program Enrollment.
Program Enrollment End Date
This field contains the last day a student is enrolled in a program where dates are required. This field value is extracted from the New/Edit Special Program Enrollment page, Start Page > Student Selection > Special Programs > [New/Edit] Special Program Enrollment.