Use this function at the beginning of the school year to reenroll students in SAIS Needs. This function selects students who completed the previous school year in the Need (Need exit date equals the day after the last day of the previous year term). The new SAIS Need enrollments are created with an entry date equal to the student’s current school enrollment.
For example, when the SAIS End-of-Year process is completed for the 2011-2012 school year, all SAIS Needs records are exited with the day after the last day of school, such as 6/15/2012. At the beginning of the 2012-2013 school year, use this function to re-create the same SAIS Needs records for the new school year. The records are created with an entry date that equals the student’s current school enrollment, such as 9/1/2012.
Note: This process can be performed for an individual student, a group of students, or all students who have a SAIS Needs record where the exit date is the day after the last day of the previous year term.
How to Reenroll Students in SAIS Needs
Follow the steps below to reenroll students in SAIS Needs:
- To reenroll a selection of students, create that selection on the start page.
- Choose a term in the current school year from the Term link at the top of the page in PowerSchool.
- Navigate to Start Page > Special Functions > Interfaces to Other Systems > SAIS.
- On the SAIS Menu page, click Reenroll in SAIS Needs.
- On the Reenroll in SAIS Needs page, choose from the following options:
Reenroll SAIS Needs for
Choose one of the following:
Select Needs Data (check to select all)
Select the checkbox to reenroll students in all applicable types of SAIS Needs.
Reenroll in Selected SAIS Needs
Select the checkboxes for specific types of SAIS Needs records you would like to create.
7. Click Submit. The Confirm Enrollment page appears with one of two following results:
- A message appears indicating that there are no students within the selection who have Needs records that match the criteria (Need exit date equals the day after the last day of the previous year term).
- A list of students and their applicable Need codes appears.
8. If the Confirm Enrollment page displays students, then select the checkboxes for the Needs enrollments you’d like to create.
9. Click Submit. The Changes Recorded page appears.