The following are common transaction errors.
Alert: The grade level entered (#) is different than the grade 0 of the enrollment during the same period. The record will not be saved.
This error is caused by an invalid SPED Service entry date. A valid date is greater than or equal to the student's school enrollment date. Correct the date by navigating to Start Page > Student Selection > Arizona State Information > SAIS Needs > Edit Student SPED Service Participation.
Failure Code Error - 11042
No enrollment or readmission to match delete operation
This error is caused by SAIS attempting to delete an enrollment or reenrollment record before adding a new enrollment. The error is triggered if SAIS is unable to locate the old enrollment.
The specific causes are:
- The submitted birth date does not match the student's birth date in SAIS.
- The submitted gender code does not match the gender code in SAIS.
- An active membership with an earlier entry date exists for the same school, track, and student, and must be withdrawn before the reenrollment can be added.
Failure Code Error - 18007
No matching absence found
This error is related to an attendance delete transaction. The error is triggered when the student lacks an enrollment with ADE for this school and school year. The student's original enrollment must be accepted at ADE before any other transactions will be accepted. To determine the student's current membership status at ADE, print a 71 Report by District of Attendance via https://www.ade.az.gov/CommonLogon/logon.aspx. If the student does not show membership at ADE, you may resend the student's enrollment in order to identify why the enrollment was rejected.
Failure Code Error - 9019
No School Membership found for Student; Please verify the fiscal year, SAIS student ID, Track Number, Absence Date, and that no withdrawal has been submitted. (Submitted Fiscal Year: 2007, SAIS Student ID:89704361, Track Number: 1, Absence Date…)
This error is related to an attendance add transaction. The error occurs when the student lacks an enrollment with ADE for the school and school year. The student's original enrollment must be accepted at ADE before any other transactions will be accepted. Refer to the wording in the error for information about how to determine the student's membership status at ADE.
Error Code -50010 or - 20010
Parsing Error. The element: "PreviousSchoolEntityID" has an invalid value according to its data type. Line: [number], text:
This error usually occurs because a PersonalInfo and/or Enrollment transaction contains an incorrect value for Previous School CTDS or Previous School Student ID.
To resolve this issue, verify that the following criteria are met and resend the SAIS upload file to ADE. Edit the Previous School CTDS or Previous School Student ID via Start Page > Student Selection > Arizona State Information > SAIS Information.
- 50010: The Previous School CTDS should not be greater than 9 digits
- 20010: The Previous School Student ID should not contain hyphens or more than 12 digits
Summer Withdrawal and Enrollment are not allowed in the same fiscal year in the same school.
This error occurs as a result of the following set of actions:
- An enrollment is created for a student for the upcoming school year.
- The student is withdrawn from the future school enrollment during the summer.
- Circumstances change and they decide to attend the school in the coming year. As a result, a second enrollment is created for the upcoming school year.
- The first (withdrawn) school enrollment is deleted.
This set of actions causes an issue when a SAIS upload file is sent after the enrollment is withdrawn and deleted. The file will include a withdrawal transaction for an enrollment that has already been deleted. As a result, SAIS cannot locate the enrollment to match up with the withdrawal.
To resolve this issue:
- Run a 71 report on the ADE website for this student and take note of the exit code used to withdraw the student.
- Navigate to Start Page > Student > Transfer > Edit Current Enrollment.
- Open a new window or tab in your browser and navigate to Start Page > Student > State/Province – AZ > Change Enrollment.
- Enter the first day of the school year in the field "Effective date of change."
- Click Submit.
- Refresh the Edit Current Enrollment page. A new current enrollment record should appear with the first day of school as the entry date.
- Modify the new current enrollment record to appear exactly the same as the other enrollment.
- Modify the old previous enrollment record to appear as the withdrawal enrollment, including the appropriate exit code.
- Resend the student's enrollment to SAIS.