The PASI Digital Student Record functionality provides the ability to manage a digitized version of the student record and to support the policies/process/procedures for authorities as per the Student Record Regulation. You can maintain a digital student record within PASI as required by the Province.
With the introduction of Digital Student Record, the school boards will be able to manage the student record within PASI and provide access to view/update the student record to those organizations where the student is registered.
To use this feature you need to meet the following criteria:
- Powerschool version 19.4.3 or higher version
Navigation: Start > Select District > System > System Settings > Plugin Management Configuration > PASI Direct Connect > Addiitonal PASI Settings > Initial Download.
- Select District
- Navigate to System > System Settings > Plugin Management Configuration > PASI Direct Connect > Addiitonal PASI Settings > PASI Configuration > Initial Download.
- Under Student Record Initial Download, click Run Now. The initial download is done to make sure that all the refreshed data is available on PASI.
Select the option Keep documents in PowerSchool that are not submitted to PASI only if you have documents in Powerschool that are not submitted to PASI.
Configure Identity Documents
- Select District
- Navigate to System > System Settings > Plugin Management Configuration > PASI Direct Connect > Addiitonal PASI Settings > PASI Configuration > Link Identity Documents.
- Under the Run link Identity document process, enter the number of students to process and click Run Now.
- From the Available Document Type list select and move the documents to Configured Document Types.
- Only configured document types will be allowed to be linked as Identity documents for students
- The order of the configured documents determines which document the process will choose to link to the students identity (ie. Alberta Birth Certificate before Passport if Alberta Birth Certificate is on the top of the list and the student has both document types)
Security for Digital Documents
- Navigate to Start Page > District Setup > Configure Documentation Type.
- From the Security Group drop-down list select a group to give access to certain types of documents.
- For the selected Security Group, from the Available Document Type list select and move the documents to Configured Document Types.
- Click Submit.
Security settings at the System Level
- Navigate to Start Page > System Administrator > Security > Groups > Edit Groups
- Under PASI Direct Connect, enable all the options.
Click Submit and then click Refresh.