The Integrated Data Exchange with Ed-Fi is installed automatically as part of state reporting releases. Data is securely transferred between PowerSchool and the State Ed-Fi systems using secure HTTP with each LEA receiving separate security credentials as specified by the State Education Agency (SEA). Transferred data must be formatted per the published Ed-Fi specification, an Application Programming Interface (API) based on Representational State Transfer (REST) to create, read, update, or delete information using the JSON data-category format and HTTP.
The Ed-Fi REST API is key to the Integrated Data Exchange with Ed-Fi. It provides the following services:
- Download data including state code lists (Ed-Fi Descriptors) and education organizations as published by the Michigan Department of Education
- Upload data on an as-needed basis
- Publish data changes in near real-time
- Publish/Receive student transfer data
- Process student transfer data
- Report data quality issues
- State-specific setup and configuration is required to use Ed-Fi in PowerSchool. Refer to the Getting Started with Ed-Fi documentation and the State Reporting setup section for further information.
- Refer to the Troubleshooting section in the Getting Started with Ed-Fi documentation for troubleshooting information.