SAIS generates a status file as a response to transactions uploaded from PowerSchool. The status file can be imported into PowerSchool. Any transactions that were rejected can be corrected in PowerSchool and sent back to SAIS in the next upload file.
Note: To accurately import status files, it is recommended not to edit data once a SAIS upload file is created in PowerSchool. Changing, deleting or adding any data related to the SAIS upload file, including sequence number or any of the transaction elements, causes issues when importing. Additionally, it is recommended that every SAIS upload file built in PowerSchool be submitted to SAIS until successfully processed, in order to ensure that SAIS remains synchronized with PowerSchool.
To import a status file generated by SAIS:
- Log on to the SAIS User Interface.
- Navigate to the download area.
- Click Get the Status on submitted files under the System Status group.
- Enter the appropriate sequence number range.
- Verify that the download format is XML.
- Click Go.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Log into PowerSchool.
- On the Start page, Click Special Functions. The Special Functions page appears.
- Click Interfaces to other systems. The Interfaces to Other Systems page appears.
- Click SAIS – Arizona Student Accountability Information System. The SAIS page appears.
- Click Import status file under the Maintenance section. The Import Status File page appears.
- Locate the saved file and click Import.
Note: If you have set up the automatic PowerSchool-to-SAIS communication, click Download Status File under Automatic.
- The status file is processed, and transactions with errors are flagged for correction.